GREAT LAKES BAY MANUFACTURERS ASSOCIATION
(Formerly Saginaw Valley Manufacturers Association-SVMA)
| || ||The Mission of the GREAT LAKES BAY MANUFACTURERS ASSOCIATION is to be the voice and source of support for regional manufacturers in their quest to become competitive in the global marketplace. |
This support will be provided through a varity of means:
Hosting quality informational seminars Sponsoring 'Best Practices' tours to share knowledge Establishing strategic partnerships with other organizations Promoting and expanding the existing positive manufacturing image
Click the "News to Use!" tab to view the GLBMA Newsletter!
The Great Lakes Bay Manufacturers Association offers the opportunity to network with other manufacturers and potential customers. We provide education and support on manufacturing and business issues, and we work with local organizations to promote technical training opportunities for employees. We also serve as an advocate on local, state or federal legislative issues of concern to manufacturers.
Consider the benefits of an GLBMA membership: membership application
Opportunities for Peer Group Interaction
- Members cite the opportunity to network with other members as the organization's most valuable offering. An extended social period precedes each of our monthly dinner meetings to promote this interaction and help members make new contacts.
- Barbecues and other special social events are also held throughout the year.
Education and Training
- Monthly meetings include expert speakers on current manufacturing issues or panel discussions on top-level management concerns.
- Meetings frequently include a "how-to" segment, featuring GLBMA member companies with helpful management and technical tips.
- Our monthly newsletter includes information about relevant training programs offered for manufacturers.
- SVMA member companies have partnered with high school technical career centers to develop a pool of certified workers with job-specific skills.
Business Development Support
- We have an advisory relationship with the Center for Manufacturing Improvement at SVSU, which provides assistance to manufacturers seeking implementation support for strategic growth.
- The Manufacturers Line, our monthly newsletter, highlights ongoing GLBMA support activities.
Legislative and Environmental Support
- As a member of the Michigan Manufacturers Association, GLBMA can keep members apprised of local, statewide and federal legislative and environmental issues that could impact their business.
For more information:
For more information about the Great Lakes Bay Manufacturers Association, please call (989) 964-4048 or read more about us.